Friday, July 20, 2007

Eating Korn for 30 Seconds in my Chevelle

Chevelle just rocks. In case you didn't know, I'm a hard rock/metal junkie. From their new album Vena Sera, Antisaint is an awesome song that just rocks. Despite the title, it's actually making of fun of the "poor little antisaint". This song just gets me pumped. Turn it up.

Another favorite group is 30 Seconds to Mars, who, like Chevelle, rocks hard with a gritty alternative sound. Their acoustic stuff is killer. The singer is extremely talented, despite his typical mascara laden alternative goth appearance. So here's "Was It a Dream" acoustic.

I've always been a Korn fan but I haven't gotten any new music from them in a while so when I heard about their acoustic session I was very interested. I heard it tonight and I love just about every song, especially this cover of the classic Radiohead song 'Creep'. I saw Korn and Metallica in concert a long time ago and it was an incredible concert. So without further ado, here are three of Nils' current favorites:

Korn: Creep (Radiohead cover, acoustic)
30 Seconds to Mars: Was It a Dream (acoustic)
Chevelle: Antisaint

Sorry, Josh. I know they're not nearly as eclectic as yours. I'm currently stuck in my ways.

3 comments:

Melinda B. said...

Hard rock? I thought you were the closet black man? Wow, the many sides to Nils we never knew. Do you play that next to your Kanye West?

Nils said...

Don't worry. My roots are still hardcore. Long live Public Enemy and Dr. Dre. I was just checking out some new Kanye West this week, now that you mention it. My iPod is full of variety, as it should be :)

Anonymous said...

Cool music. Now I got some new bands to check out!