Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Gym=Happiness


I went to the gym today. I took the kids, Aani included, and it was fabulous. I called last night to see how early they'll take newborns, and they said whatever you're comfortable with. So, it's been 4 weeks. I figure we can initiate Aani a little early, right? Anders and Addie were so excited to go back. They've been going nuts being cooped up with me.
As I was running, I felt so happy! I thought, "Wow, I think I might have a gym addiction. I feel so happy right now!" 13 minutes later when everything below my bellybutton started to go numb, I started to wonder if numbness is a fair trade for happiness. I guess I'll save the running for later. It felt so good to exercise and break a sweat again, though. That's my big accomplishment #2.


Nils was cleaning out the window wells last night and found this friendly little fella. Oh, my gosh. I hate spiders so much. The picture doesn't really do it justice- it was quite enormous. I thought I was going to throw up.

6 comments:

Melinda B. said...

What kind of nasty horrible spider is that!? Is it a hobo spider? You could have died!
Oh, and congrats on the gym.
You still coming over tomorrow?

Melinda B. said...

Ugh, I had to look at spider images until I could identify it. I think it's a wolf spider.

Katrina said...

Yes, we'll be there tomorrow- we're looking forward to it! Are wolf spiders poisonous? You are a glutton if you looked at spider images until you could identify that one!

Anonymous said...

Thanks. Thanks alot. I've got serious case of the heebie-jeebies now. Not going to get much sleep tonight. Oh..wolf spiders aren't poisonous. But it kinda looks like a tarantula to me. But no worries. The tarantulas in Utah aren't poisonous either. Unless it's the rare Salt Lake Foul-Mouthed Tarantula , whose venomous words can damage you emotionally. Wow. I need to go to bed. New rule: No posting comments after 10:00am.

courtneyb said...

are you gym addict or endorphine addict? but doesn't it feel good to be back on the road to being a normal person again!
I love that feeling of working out when you haven't done it for a while!

Lindsey said...

I took Brynley back at 4 wks too. I got some nasty looks from people but I felt great!