Saturday, July 21, 2007

He a WHAT?

Whilst perusing the frozen food aisle at Wal-Mart this evening, we had a shockingly hilarious experience. There was a man and a woman with a whole bunch of kids. They looked a little...I'm choosing my words carefully here...a little redneckish. After the mom got done screaming at one of her kids, she noticed Aani. Here is what followed: (Please read the following with your best Southern drawl...minus what Nils and I say. Or include us in it...whatever.)

Lady: Oh, how old?
Me: A month.
Lady: Oh, so she still keepin' you up at night.
Me: Yeah, a little.
Lady: (Pointing out her infant son) Yeah well, he six months old, so he sleep 8 hours.
Me and Nils: (Acting impressed, nodding, obligatory wows, etc.)
Man: Yeah, but he a butt hole.
Me: What?
Man: He a butt hole!
Lady: Yeah, he a butt hole. He have to have a bottle right when he wakes up!
Me: (Stunned silence)
Nils: Heh-heh, yeeeaaah.

They walked away, and I was POSITIVE I had heard them wrong. I mean, who calls their baby a butt hole? I asked Nils, "Did he just say 'He's a butt hole?'"
Nils replied, "No, he said 'he a butt hole.' I don't think they're from around here."

I have been laughing for about 3 1/2 hours. I love America.

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

LOL! We're watching cars right now so I had a great southern/white trash drawl in mind as i read the convo. Very funny! I totally LOL'd.

ps. we're out of town now and i'm going out of town again next week but when i'm back i promise we're coming over. Sorry, things are a little crazy this month. But i still love you and haven't forgotten about you!

Gingerlylizzy said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! Okay, seriously, I haven't thought anything was that funny in... well forever! HAHAHAH!

courtneyb said...

oh my gosh! that is so funny. ryan served his mission in west virginia and you just reminded me that that was in deed a word used often there.
so funny! do you guys still laugh about it at random times?

Katrina said...

I laugh every time I think about it! It's the funniest thing to happen in a loooong time!

Holly said...

what's funny is that the whole time i was reading the dialogue i was picturing you guys at the springville walmart. i guess all walmarts attract the same type of people, excluding us of course.

David Lesue said...

You funny.

Seriously, that was hilarious!