Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Random McRandomson

Last night I made potato stuffed chimichangas for dinner. I've made fried food about 3 times in my life- two of those times were simply frying tortillas by themselves. So you can imagine the complexity of frying several chimichangas at once. It was a force to be reckoned with, indeed. Here are the successes and failures of my endeavor:

Success:

They were really quite delicious. So delicious, in fact, that the kidders even ate them... and dare I say it? Enjoyed them.

Failure:

I burnt the crap out of my thumb when oil splattered on it. I ate my dinner with my thumb in a glass of ice water, and the pain was unbearable for 5 hours. Ice, ice, baby. Nils told me that he fears for me sometimes. But he still really liked the chimichangas.

Funny:

While I was busy frying away, I heard the following conversation:

Addie: Anders, what do you wish?

Anders: For a hundred-thousand dollars. What do you wish?

Addie: That I was a fire dog.

Anders: Don't you mean a fire woman?

Addie: Or a guard dog.

Ironic conclusion:

After eating our fried dinner, we sat down and watched "The Biggest Loser" as I melted bag after bag after bag of ice on me poor little thumb. I love Bob. And I could really use Jillian screaming in my face around mid-January.

The End.

2 comments:

Teresa said...

When Brian and I first got married I would make chimis. And, every time I would make them I would cry. The oil would splatter on me. The stuffing would fall out as I would put it in the fryer. It was tramatic. Now I don't make them nearly as often. But, Brian always teases me and asks me if I cried as I made them. I tell him, "yes, my blood, sweat, and tears went into your chimi". Sorry about the burn.

Doulabug said...

Oh no. Burns are terrible. Don't use ice next time, if there is a next time. Ice can damage the skin. Cool water is best, and that is some unsolicited advice from New York! One time, when I was a teenager, I was making popcorn in the kettle and the oil splattered. I had 17 burns marks up my arm. WAAAAY before microwaves!