Monday, July 18, 2005

Another Week

Another week begins. I'm excited for this week to be over. My mom's kitchen floor isn't finished yet, but Nils had to back to work today. The plan is for him to work all day and then work all night on her floor until it's finished. On Thursday, he's leaving for Kansas City until Sunday. He's going to a woodturners trade show for Craft Supplies. I hate it when he goes on these trips. I think I'm a crappy wife or something, but I hate it when he's gone. I know Anders is going to miss him, too. That aside, I hope the week goes by quickly and we don't have too much trauma here at the Rasmusson abode. I'm sure we'll get through it all!
So, Saturday was an interesting day. I had a Pampered Chef party, and I knew it would be a little weird, but boy oh boy. It's a really long story. My host told me there would be at least 11 people there, plus three husbands, so she wanted me to make double of everything. I got there 1 1/2 hours early so I could do most of the work before people came. There were 6 people there, including the host. What a crowd! 6 is a fine number, but they were so very odd. There was really no chemistry between me and them. They just sat there and looked at me. I had to physically hand them catalogs, because they wouldn't get off the couch and walk to the table to get one. We had to physically serve them their food for the same reason. Speaking of food, I made two huge calzones and 20 sundaes. The calzones were polished off. Not too many of them tried the sundaes because they involved mango, and none of them had ever eaten a mango. I DON'T UNDERSTAND!!!!! IT'S A PEACH WITH A TWIST! Mangos are delicious, not scary! One lady told me I burnt the tortilla shell that the ice cream went in. Just for the record, it wasn't burnt! As this lady was leaving, she was holding her grandson and trying to get him to say, "Up yours!" I don't know if it was directed at me or someone else, but I thought it strange nonetheless. I'm just glad it's over. I think I left a couple of my things there, though. I was in a hurry to leave. That means I have to go back, and that's just unfortunate. I have another party tomorrow night, and I think it will be much better. I could use a little redemption.

No comments: