Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Some Summer This Is!

Katrina's been doing all of the writing here so I thought I'd post my two cents for a change. It's been a while and I've been busy, as you can tell by Katrina's entries. The tiling still isn't done but I took a night off tonight. Katrina and I need some "relaxation". She's at the gym and I'm trying to get a computer ready that was recently sold on eBay.
My Kansas City trip was normal schmormal. Nothing too exciting but it was good to meet some of the fellow woodturners out there. What is woodturning you ask? See
Nils Creations for some of the stuff I do on a wood lathe. It's a lot of fun.
So I still have to cut all of the outside tiles for the kitchen, eating area and part of the rear entrance at Katrina's mom's house. I'm pretty tired of tiling. I've spent around 70 hours at it so far and I need a month off. I feel bad for Katrina because we were looking forward to spending more time together that week but it just wasn't happening. She took it really well though and stayed with me at her mom's house a lot of the time. It's just nicer to work when I know she's near by. I really missed Anders and Addie on my trip. Tonight Anders was climbing all over me and laughing and playing with me because "Daddy's not at work". He's such a good little boy. Addie was laughing, too and being as cute as ever. I'm a pretty lucky guy to have such a good little family.

So next week we're packing up the ol' mini van and driving to Logandale, Nevada, where my parents live. My brother and his wife and two kids will be there so we're pretty excited to see them. Harmony, my youngest sister is coming with us so it will be good to hang out with her too. I hope we don't melt but I think we will. It'll probably be about 240 degrees each day.
I just remembered that I saw a guy with the coolest Mullet in Kansas. It was the perfect mullet with the wind blown short haired look in the front and sides and long wavy locks all the way down his back. He also had on a black sleeveless T-Shirt to expose his wicked tattooage and some mean biker boots. He was at the table across from us at the Chinese Buffet and I don't think his kids were in any TAG (talented and gifted) classes at school but he seemed like a nice enough guy. That was probably the highlight of my trip. Sad, isn't it?
I feel tired in general lately and I could use a week of sleeping til noon and eating lots of Cherry Garcia and Taquitos. A coma would be great, too. I wonder if you feel refreshed after being in a seven day coma. I hope to find out.
Here's a recent picture of Mr. Man doing what he does best... fishing. He's in a nose picking stage so we're earnestly trying to break him of the habit but in the mean time I thought I may as well just photograph it. I'm going to do other stuff now, I guess. I think I'll read Harry Potter some more. That should last a good six minutes before I fall asleep. G'night.

-Nizzle Foschizzle

No comments: