Thursday, July 07, 2005

A Note to My Wife

Since nobody reads this blog except Katrina, I feel it's a good place to write you, Katrina. It's 6:26 AM and I've got a couple of minutes before I have to leave for work. I just wanted to tell you how I feel about you. You've volunteered for the least appreciated yet most admirable job of being a full time mom. Yours is the hardest job in the world and you don't get lunch breaks or paid time off. But you do the best job of anyone I know. You love our kids so much and you work so hard to raise them right and to teach them good principles. Your love for them is evident and even as trying as a two year old boy can be, you still manage to keep your patience and teach Anders each day. Addie is a happy little girl because she knows she has such a great mom. You love her so much and it shows. The way you talk to Anders and Addie and the way you play with them makes it very clear how terrific a mom you really are.
And then there's me. I have to be gone so much for work that you get stuck at home all the time. Your parenting job that should be shared with me on evenings and weekends often gets stuck to you while I work. I just want you to know that through the five years we've been married, I've come to love and respect you more than ever. I realize that I'm a dope and I screw up a lot. I repeat mistakes, I'm lazy a lot, my brain filter sometimes doesn't work, I make faces that make you question my views about you and I'm just a general dill weed sometimes. Despite these things, in my heart of hearts I love you more than anything. I want you to be happy and I will continue to try to make you as happy as you can be. You deserve the best and although I have made my share of mistakes, I want to the best person available for you. I want to be the best me. You deserve it.
So thank you for all you do. Thank you for sticking with me through my trials and me faults. Thank you for loving our kids so much. And thank you for loving the gospel. Your testimony is evident and it strengthens me daily. I love you more than anything and I feel so fortunate to have such an excellent wife at my side. I know that you're under-appreciated in many ways so I just wanted to tell you that I really do appreciate you. I like you, I love you, I respect you and I cherish you. I just hope that I can improve each day to be the best person I can for you.
I'm not sure when you'll read this but hopefully it will put a smile on your face for at least a moment. You deserve it.

With all my heart,
Nils

No comments: