Sunday, July 31, 2005

Weariness

It's Sunday night, 8:37 to be exact. Both kids actually got to bed on time tonight. That's rare these days. Last night Anders got to bed at 11:30 because we were at my mom's house tiling until about 11. He actually slept until 9 this morning, but when he came into our room to get us, I could have sworn it was 7. Nils and I are actually looking forward to school starting, because we think it will give our lives a sense of structure and normalcy again. Who knows if we're correct, but I just think it's tragic that we think school is better than the lifestyle we have now. This has been the most un-relaxing summer ever. Cry me a river. This next weekend we're going to brave a trip to Logandale, NV, where Nils' parents live. York and Luly & kids will be there. We need to introduce them to Addie, and we need to meet their Tiago. It should be fun, but I'm sure the heat is going to get to me. We also need to stop in St. George to see my Grandma, who probably isn't going to be around much longer. She's 91 and has lived a good, long and hard life. It'll be sad, but we all know she's getting ready.
Tom and Jamie came over for dinner tonight. It was fun. It's kind of nice to stay home on a Sunday evening. I like going to my mom's house, too, but we've been going there every Sunday to eat since we moved here. That's a lot of Sundays.
I just want to say that I love my little kids. They're a lot of work, but they're so much fun. It's so awesome to see them turning into little people. Anders is really starting to structure sentences correctly, and he knows the names of most things. If he doesn't know something and I tell him, he remembers forever. He thinks about things, too. He'll be playing with his blocks or something and he'll start talking about something from the day before, or he'll start singing a song he learned in nursery. Those moments are rewarding and help me feel like I'm doing an okay job. Anyway, I just love them and I want to be a good mom to them. I want them to know that I love them. I'm also thankful for Nils. He totally works his butt off every day for us. I've always really respected his work ethic. He's a very good husband, he tries really hard to be understanding of me and to do things to make me happy. I'm lucky that way. I think I'm going to try to read some Harry Potter, since it's relatively early and I have nothing to do! What a lucky girl I am!

No comments: