Saturday, July 30, 2005

Drained


I just don't have any energy left. I was really looking forward to a summer full of family outtings, personal projects, knocking off the to-do list and even some much deserved relaxation. As fate would have it, this summer has filled itself up with projects, deadlines, and work that wasn't on my list. As for the relaxation- HA! No such thing. It's been a good summer none the less, but it wasn't what I had planned. I don't know why I ever volunteered to tile Kathy's floor. In my usual ambitious spirit of "I can do anything in an hour"- I decided that the floor would take about four days but then I'd have a few days to hang out and do fun stuff. That was three weeks ago. As soon as Katrina is out of the bath, we're going over to Kathy's house again. We spend WAY too much time over there lately. Poor little Anders. His limited vocabulary includes such phrases as "Daddy go to work now?" and "Daddy tile floor.. Gramma's house." He also has gotten to watch his Busy People and Dora Videos about 800 times since that's one of the only things he can do to amuse himself while Katrina and I are working on the floor and other things.
Just before my trip to Kansas City, the owner of our company asked me to be in charge of a project that involved making about 60 pens that were perfect so that they could be photographed and put in our new catalog for the Fall. That's fine and great but I basically was given two weeks to do all of that. I was (and am) still tiling so that was kind of a first priority. So today I woke up at 3:30 AM and went to work to make pens. A coworker was there so that really helped but by noon I was out of energy. I came home and Katrina looked like she was ready to go hide in a closet somewhere and not come out until the kids were old enough to take care of themselves. We're both just pooped and we're really hoping that by the time we go to Las Vegas this weekend, the tile and the pens will be all done. It would be so nice. Then school starts in just a few weeks so that's wonderful. We're actually thinking that school will be a relief, though. At least it's a pretty regular schedule and this semester I'll only be at school for a few hours a week. That should leave me just enough time to embark on projects that are way out of my capabilities and devote my nights to laboring over some other huge andoverwhelming set of tasks. OK- I'm done whining.
On a less "chained down to my life" note, Anders and Addie are as cute as ever. Anders is speaking really well and he can be quite funny. He's so sweet and sometimes he comes up and rubs my back or tackles me and it makes me feel quite loved and lucky (even if I have to experience those emotions while in the fetal position because he doesn't understand that daddy isn't a trampoline). Addie is just so darn cute and she gets laughing and smiling sometimes and she's just totally adorable. Katrina is looking better than ever. She's totally hot and she's really getting in great shape. She's been so understanding of all the work I've had to do and she's an incredible mom. I feel very lucky to have my li'l family. They're the greatest thing in my life and I couldn't be happier with them. Speaking of which, Addie is sitting on my lap and is fussing so I'd better go make her a bottle. Rock on.

No comments: