Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Our "Vacation"

This week, Nils has the whole week off of work. Technically. He's not working at Craft Supplies this week, but he's still working his butt off. He and my mother came up with a brilliant plan to remodel her kitchen this week, thinking it would only take 2 or 3 days. Ha! It's Wednesday, and it's nowhere near completion, of course. And, there's no turning back now, because she has no floor. He plans on laying tile. We went to Home Depot on Monday and purchased all of the supplies, all 3000 lbs of them. It will look nice when it's done, but there goes our summer vacation. Woo-hoo. I've been there for most of the days this week, but I think today I'll stay home and try to have a somewhat normal day. Anders hasn't napped all week, and he's pooped. Last night when we got home at 8:00 he was dead asleep. Nils put him on the couch and he said, "Thanks", and was dead to the world. We finally moved him to his bed around 10. He usually doesn't sleep anywhere but his bed unless he's sick. It was really funny watching him position himself while he slept.
I got another calling on Sunday. Primary Pianist. I'm pretty bummed about it. It's not a bad calling, it's just that I don't get to go to Relief Society. This saddens me. The other crappy thing is that I "get" to keep my other calling for the Midweek Activity Committee. What a lucky duck I am! That's also not a bad calling... actually, it kind of is. How can I phrase this delicately? I really don't see eye-to-eye with some of the other girls on the committee, which is really stupid, because it's a glorified playgroup. This shouldn't be that complicated, but there are some who are making it so. It irritates me. I was in charge yesterday, so we swam and ate ice cream and there was a great turnout. I think the simpler the activity the better, but some of the others stress out about making it this big freakin' deal. Like I said, it's really stupid, so I'm done talking about it.
Well, I have some exciting news. No, I'm not pregnant, silly! I've been trying really hard in the past few months to lose my baby weight. I never lost the weight I wanted to after I had Anders. I came pretty close, but didn't quite succeed in time. I'm happy to announce that I'm pre-Addie weight, minus 6 pounds. I gained 31 pounds during my pregnancy, and have lost a total of 37. I don't really look at it that way, though. I lost 21 pounds the week after I had her, so I see it as losing 16 pounds in the last 3 months. Now don't get me wrong, I'm no Mary-Kate! I'm still waiting for my boobs to disappear, but I don't think that will ever happen. I'm pretty sure I'd have to die and start decomposing for that to happen. But I digress. Anyhoo, my goal is to lose another 14 pounds. I'll be pre-marriage weight then. Wouldn't that be fabulous? It's really all about weight training, I'm telling you. I didn't believe it, but it's true. I've also modified my diet quite a bit. I still eat normal food, just not as much of it. I always told myself that I could eat whatever I wanted because I was working out. But I wasn't losing any weight, either. Funny how that works. I'm just happy that my pants fit.
Anders is squealing, so I must go.

No comments: