Sunday, August 28, 2005

The Joys of Fatherhood

I know that sounds like a sarcastic title but I really am going to write about the joys of fatherhood. I really love being a dad and I feel so lucky to have our two little squirts in our family. Some days I look at my kids and Katrina at the end of the day and I just feel like I've got it all. We're all healthy, we're all together, I don't work 600 hours a week, Katrina is a stay at home mom, we have a nice little home and two cars that run. I think we're doing alright. Yeah, we're broke and living almost paycheck to paycheck (the almost is because we run out of money three or four days before the next paycheck) but we have our family. Anders is so funny and clever and cute and sweet. Addie is so happy and adorable and sweet and fun. Katrina is the greatest wife a guy could ask for and I'm more in love with her now than I was during our late teen head over heels infatuation that most romances start with. That was just shy of 9 years ago! We don't make out as much but that's OK because we're old. OK, so we're not but we feel like it sometimes.
My point is that I love my little family and sometimes I feel overwhelmed with this connection that I have to them. It's a dad thing, I s'pose. Times are rough in many ways and things could be better but at the same time- they couldn't be any better. What an exciting time in life when we get to start a family and watch these little tiny babies grow and learn and grasp and struggle. There aren't many joys in life that compare. So that's my schpeel for tonight. G'night.

No comments: