Thursday, August 04, 2005

My Sigh of Relief

DONE! I'm pretty much done with my two latest head aches! I have completed all that I need to complete of the tile. Tom will be finishing up- what a relief! I also finished making the last of the 58 pens that I had to make. I will be putting them together tomorrow during work but I'm done turning (I think) so that's a huge relief, too. I feel pretty liberated tonight. It's the first time in a while that I haven't had some huge project hanging over me. I still have lots of projects to complete but no more pens and no more tile.
Tomorrow we're leaving for Vegas around 1 or 2. I'm pretty excited about it. We've need a little getaway for a while now. Not that this will be an amazing trip or anything but at least it's a weekend away. We're borrowing Tom and Jaime's DVD player for the van so that's gonna be a huge help. Anders watched Tomas the Tank Engine on the way home tonight and we were blown away. He sat there quietly and watched. He was good the whole way home. He's not always a cylclone of terror in the car but he certainly can be. We're gonna have to get one of them there DVD players. We just need to win one so that we don't have to pay for it. Let me know if you see any for free.
I bought a cool flashlight tonight. It's an LED light. It's got nine little bulbs in it and it shines very clearly and brightly. That was my belated father's day gift. I used a $20 gift card that Kathy had given me for Target. We also bought a new outfit for Anders and that Tomas the Tank DVD. We're taking Harmony (Gwen) on this trip with us so I hope she's feeling well and isn't too down. She's usually pretty fun to be around but she has a hard time when she gets really depressed. I can't say that I understand it but I guess I can imagine what it would be like. I don't have time for depression. I'm too busy. I just signed up for Math 1050 for the fall semester. This will be my third or fourth attempt at this class. There's a guy in my ward who was also in my mission who is now a math teacher and he said he'd help me out with it. I'll need lots of help. I'm a super sped (special-ed).
So I'm gonna have like 40 pens that I can sell now. That's pretty cool. I don't know how fast I'll be able to sell them or how much I can get them for but at least I get the pens (and some $) out of it. Also, all the pens I made get photographed and put in our Fall Catalog. That's pretty cool, too. I'll have my work in a catalog, so that's neat.
I'm gonna get some stuff ready for the trip now. I'm also going to read Harry Potter for a bit but I'm sure I'll fall asleep. It's a great book but Nils + reading= sleep. Rock on from Nizzle Foschizzle.

Here's the floor I've been tiling.

No comments: