Friday, April 14, 2006

It's Friday!

It's been a long week, but hasn't been too bad. I credit the weather for that. Nils has been gone most nights, but we've been able to play outside with all the neighbors, so that's made it very bearable. Ah, Spring. This is the time of year that brings new hope for me. It's amazing. I think I made it through the winter fairly unscathed, but it sure is nice to have sunshine until 8:00 at night.
Our midweek activity committee started a bunch of sub-groups, like a book club, recipe swap, scrapbook group, etc. Last night was the first book club meeting. It was supposed to be at another girl's house, but got changed to my house last minute. It turned out fine. I've never been part of anything like this, so I felt like a moron trying to lead the discussion. Plus, I've haven't thought deeply since college, so it was a real strain on my mind. I think it went fairly well in spite of it all. A couple of the girls brought their kids, which would have been fine if one of them didn't beat the crap out of the others the whole time. I had Addie there, but sent Anders next door. This one little girl kept hitting, shoving, taking things away from Addie and the other little girl there. I didn't see her attack my kid because I was trying to "entertain" the crowd, but I was told afterward. Addie didn't cry, though. I guess she's used to getting beat on. Anyway, I guess a few people were annoyed that the mother didn't leave sooner. Oh well. I'm looking forward to reading some of the books people suggested, and I'm glad I got the whole hosting thing over with first.

The kids woke up at 7:00 this morning. That's early to be up and at 'em. At least give me 7:30.

No comments: