Sunday, April 09, 2006

Stupid Dog

When I was a Jr. in high school, my brother bought a dog. We never knew what kind of a dog he was, but he was a pretty good one. His name was Champ. He was a little hyper, but really good with kids and good natured. My brother got married and left the dog with my Mom, who doesn't love animals. She took care of Champ anyway, and even took him with her on her morning walks. A couple of years ago my sister and her family decided to adopt Champ, so he went to live with them. They love animals, so it was good.

Champ got hit by a car on Friday night and died. When I found out I cried. I didn't even really care about the stupid dog. There was a time in my life when I did, but I haven't really cared about him for a long time. I guess the thought of him suffering before he died makes me really sad. He died in my nephew's arms- also very sad. This is one of the reasons I don't want pets. When they die, it's such a loss. There are many other reasons I don't want pets: they stink, they're tons of work (and mom usually does all the work), they mess things up and crap on the lawn. But look at me! I CRIED when I found out Champ died. And I didn't even think I was emotionally invested in the stupid dog. We were at the park last night and every time I saw a mid-sized blackish dog, I thought it was Champ. But it wasn't, because he's in doggie heaven now.

No comments: