Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Trainer

Monday when I was at the gym a trainer came up to me and asked me if I had done bicep curls on the incline bench. She had a cancellation and started showing me a few new weight exercises. I knew what was coming- the sales pitch. I thought I'd take the "complimentary" session, learn all I could and that would be that. Oh, Katrina. You should really know yourself better.

Here's the justification:
I've been able to lose my baby weight, plus about 15 lbs. Not too shabby, but I still feel tubby 'round the middle. I've also gotten a little lazy about weights. I don't keep track of what I do, I just sorta do whatever I feel like doing when I'm there. Which isn't much most times. I've also been eating like crap lately. This weekend, I told Nils that I want to lose 5-7 lbs by the end of the month. I had my body fat tested on Monday, and it's still a little high. So I want to get it down a few points.

So guess what I got yesterday? That's right! A TRAINER! Yes, I realize I'm a sucker. However, I did manage to talk them down quite a bit- really. Almost half price. I worked out yesterday with the same girl that approached me on Monday. It looks like she's the one I'll always be with. She was really nice, but she kicked my butt. I'm really, really sore today. How's this for a sign; we worked legs and abs yesterday, and my arms are also sore. So even though I'm a sucker, I'm excited about having a task-master. I think I'll see results. As the sign says in their office, "Nothing tastes as good as fit feels!" Oh gag me. I still need frosting.

No comments: