Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Pee and Popsicles

I thought I should write since Nils has sorta taken over the last few entries. Anders decided to start peeing in his potty Sunday. He's been doing it ever since, but only if he's naked from the waist down. He still refuses to wear underwear. I told him if he goes poop in the potty, we'll go to the store and buy him some new blocks. He totally wants to, and he sits down frequently and says he's going to go poop. After a few seconds he asks for help. He says, "push on my sides". I don't know either. Anyway, he has yet to poop in the potty, but he will be rewarded greatly when the time comes. He gets a cool popsicle when he pees. Now we just have to figure out how to get him in underwear, and how to leave the house without a pull up or diaper. Honestly, I've been dreading potty training since the boy was born. I think we've done a good job of not making an issue of it, and he's coming around. It's all about the bribery. I hope Addie is easier.

Speaking of Addie, she's my little velcro baby lately. She has to be held or touching me most of the time. She won't even go to Nils. It's crazy. Yesterday she was trying to stick the headphone jack into an outlet. Nils told her no, and she threw a major fit, and then was mad at him for an hour. She would run away from him if he tried to pick her up. She's 15 months old. Isn't this coming a little soon? She acts devastated if she's told no. She crumbles into a heap on the floor and screams. Maybe we should stop being so mean.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You've just described my little Matt - any hint of the word no and he literally crumbles to the floor and starts bawling like you just told him you didn't like him anymore. It's getting better - there's hope!