Sunday, May 07, 2006

All Alone

Nils left this morning for Chicago. He's gone until Wednesday night. His flight gets in at 9:30 Wednesday, so he's really gone for four full days. Uggh. I did church by myself today. That was pretty brave of me. I even played piano in Primary. I told the presidency that they had to help me with Addie, and they did. It all turned out fine.

Nils is getting another job. He interviewed this week with a vitamin company to answer phones and take orders at night. Hopefully he'll get it. The pay is pretty decent, and he seemed to think it would be a good place to work. We need money. That's the final conclusion. There are no more corners to cut. The corners have been cut off. We have all the little tricks of poor people. We don't eat out, Nils takes his lunch to work every day, I try not to drive too much to save on gas, I haven't turned on the heat or a/c in a month. We don't buy DVD's or other frivolity. Our stupid mortgage has gone up so much since we moved here, and regular life just costs too much. Health insurance, utilities, HOA dues, food, clothing, gas, etc. It's disturbing how much everything costs. We talked about me getting a job, but Nils doesn't think he's capable of caring for our children on his own. I know better, but he doesn't think he could nourish them adequately. Anyway, it will totally suck having him work 60 hours a week, but it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make to have more money.

Anders pooped in the toilet yesterday. I went to Wal-Mart in the morning and bought a box of blocks. I came home and he saw them and wanted them, but I put them up above the TV where he couldn't get them. I told him he could have them when he pooped in the potty. He was devastated and tried immediately to do it, but you know...you have to wait until the bowels are actually moving and all. A few hours later, he did it. It was fabulous. Ahhh, bribery. How does one parent without it?

Well, I'm going to sign off. I've started watching Grey's Anatomy the past couple of weeks. I thought it was trashy when it first started airing, but I actually like it quite a bit. It's a little trashy, I guess, but it's funny, clever trashy...because that makes it okay....or something.

No comments: