Saturday, May 13, 2006

Long Awaited Facial


My mom and I went this morning for our facials. I had no idea what to expect. For those of you who have real lives and get things like facials, pedicures/manicures, etc. this will probably sound strange- but I don't know that I'd pay to have one. It was nice, yes. The girl that gave me the facial didn't speak the entire time. I tried at first to chit-chat, but she really wasn't having it. I had no idea what she was doing the whole time. The absolute worst part was when she blew my face with hot steam for 10 minutes. I have this thing...I'm a bit claustrophobic as far as breathing space goes. I can't cover my face with anything for more than a few seconds. Having hot air blown at me was torturous. After she brushed my face with the goopy mask, she put hot towels over my face, leaving only my nostrils exposed. I wanted to jump off the bed and strangle her. I think it was all exacerbated by the fact that I didn't think I was allowed to speak or move. I was trying really hard to relax on one hand, but didn't want to suffocate on the other. She massaged my arms, hands and fingers, which was heavenly. So how much would you pay for an hour long facial? $30? $40? SEVENTY DOLLARS? Now, I realize I'm poor and have a bit of a skewed perspective, but $70 for a FACIAL? Goodness, people. That's groceries for a week at the Rasmusson's. Thank goodness for Mr. Gift Certificate.

I have such a headache. Does getting your face rubbed for an hour do that? Maybe it was the lack of oxygen. I think I'm traumatized. My mom said the lady that did hers talked the whole time and told her what she was doing, etc. She seemed to really like it.

Nils got a second job. The details have yet to be worked out, but he'll be working there from 3-9 at night three or four nights a week. He'll be at Craft Supplies from 6:30 am-2:30 pm. We'll miss him. We're so looking forward to having some extra money, though.

No comments: