Monday, May 22, 2006

Long Day

Today will be a long day. Nils is working until 9:00 tonight. He'll have worked about 14 1/2 hours when it's all said and done. He started his second job on Thursday. It's turned out to be a funny coincidence. His new job uses the same database program that Craft Supplies does. They're the only two companies in the area that use it, so Nils was pretty much trained before he even started. On his first night there he created a macro and taught everyone how to do their work 10 times faster. Go Nilsy, it's your birthday. We're both sad that he'll be gone all the time, but we're even more grateful for the opportunity for more moolah.

So we saw The Da Vinci Code on Saturday. I hate to say it, but the critics were right. Not a great movie. I wonder what I would have thought of it if I hadn't read the book first. I loved the book, so perhaps my expectations were set a bit too high. The movie was fine, I suppose, but just didn't do the book justice. There's my movie review for the year.

Addie is actually napping right now. She hasn't taken a morning nap in a week. Last night she cried for 2 hours after bed time. We finally got her up around 10:00 and let her hang out with us for about 30 minutes. She finally went down at 10:30, but she woke up bright and early this morning at 7:30. She's such a stinker. Anders wore his underwear to church yesterday for the first time. He did so well all day. He didn't have one accident. He even went poop in the toilet at my mom's house without any promptings from us. I feel like I'm going to jinx everything by actually proclaiming that he's fully trained- but I'm so proud! I never thought that poo would be a source of pride for me, but here we are, and it is.

No comments: