Wednesday, May 31, 2006

I do nothing at work.

Here I am at my second job, taking calls for Bronson Vitamins. Here's how it works. I enter in a ton of mail orders and then I sit at my desk and surf the web until 9PM, answering an occasional phone call. Tomorrow I'm taking the day off from Craft Supplies to work here all day and get my official training but I've been here for two weeks and I can't imagine I'll be learning much. Oh well. After that, I will only have to do as many mail orders as the rest of the guys. Currently I do about 200 orders a day and I enter them very quickly compared to anyone else here (at least that's what I've noticed). Maybe I should slow down so they stop giving me work. Anyway, I think this is an ideal second job because starting Friday I will take calls, do some mail orders and still have several hours of leisure time. I'm connected to the phone at all times but I can read, surf the web, pick my nose, eat ice cream or whatever else tickles my fancy. I hope to get a raise at Craft Supplies any time now so that I don't have to work here forever. Even though this is a pretty decent second job, it sucks being gone for 16 hours/day.
I know nobody reads this (except you, Emmy- you're cool) but I have to express my excitement about being able to get a new PDA. I am what's known as an UberDork. I revel in my geekdom. I'm building a website for a guy right now (because I have so much free time, and no- I can't really do it at work) and he's paying me $500 so Katrina and I are splitting the cash and blowing it on whatever we want. I want a pimpin' PDA. Why? I use my PDA quite a bit but I'd use it even more if it were more stable and more capable. I'm looking into getting a new one that costs around $290 and is the ultimate PDA. I will be able to surf the web wirelessly, connect to my computer at work and at home wirelessly, watch compressed DVD's, listen to tons of music, do all of the Microsoft office stuff, check email, play games and a lot more with this little bad boy. I'm excited. I'm gonna be getting a Dell Axim X51v so I'm pretty excited. I have to save up a few bucks first, so that demonstrates a major commitment for me. I'm not good at waiting for my geeky toys but I really wan to get this and I'm willing to wait and save up for it. I'm selling my old PDA and a few pens hopefully so that I can finance the rest of the cashola. Sorry to bore you with this. Rant over.
I'm off of work in a few minutes so I'm going to log off. I look forward to coming home to my sweet Katrina. She's the rockinest. Hopefully I'll get some web design stuff done tonight so I can get my hands on that $500 that much sooner. Tchau.

No comments: