Tuesday, December 02, 2008

For Love of the Haiku

I have a new past time- composing haikus. You should try it. Pick a subject, and come up with a haiku using this criteria:

3 unrhymed lines of verse using five, seven and five syllables. Traditional Japanese haikus are about nature.

I like to pick other topics cuz it's funner. That's right- I said funner.
And I'm not Japanese, far as I know. Although my brother was born in Okinawa.

For your reading pleasure:

My children stalk me
They follow me all around
Solitude is grand

How I love my bed
It's oh-so warm and snuggly
Sleeping is such fun

I pity da foo
Who messes wit Mister T
Gold chains and mohawks

Nils wrote the last one. He's a haiku master.

3 comments:

Teresa said...

You should write a book of Haiku's. It would be lovely. My kids stalk me too. I call Kailey my tumor.

Jamie said...

What can I say except you have me rolling. Or as the hip generation would say, ROTFL!

Becky said...

I love your haiku's
Your talent is amazing
You make me laugh hard