Friday, December 19, 2008

Mmmm. Brownie Powder.

Well, to preface this post, I think you should read this post before you continue further. Just so you know what kind of a mom you're dealing with.

We had a crazy morning, trying to get Christmas stuff ready for Anders' last day of school before the break, and a doctor appointment for Aani, which included unexpected shots. When it was time to get Anders from school it was an absolute blizzard outside. So we've spent the remainder of the day inside, feeling a teensy bit couped up. Then daddy came home and promptly spent the remainder of the evening shoveling. My point?
I was at the point of no return.

Here's how it went down. We've been getting our neighbor Christmas gifts ready. If you're my neighbor, don't read this if you don't want to know that we're giving you brownie mix. But not just any brownie mix. Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate brownie mix. It's the best darn brownie mix we ever did taste, and our family is addicted to it. We pass the addiction torch on to you. And you're welcome.

Anyway, I was being neglectful and on the computer instead of tending to my little darlings. It took me a few minutes to realize that Aani was being quiet. Last night we saw one of the bags of brownie mix was open, so we set it aside but left it on the floor. Dersky!
I took her upstairs and thought I'd vacuum it up after dinner. After dinner we came downstairs and before I knew what was happening, this was going on. I told them to go for it. Life's too short to not lick brownie mix off the carpet, ya know?I like the action shot of Addie getting ready to lick the carpet. And she did dress herself today in case you're wondering.
Life's too short to not wear florals and animal prints together.

Today's lesson: When you've run out of steam, dump brownie mix on the floor and let the kiddies lick it up. They'll really like it.

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

Heck, I wouldn't mind licking brownie mix off the floor.

Holly said...

First of all, I need to be a neighbor. Hey, does it count if we were once neighbors? Could we still get in on that brownie mix?

Second of all, I love Addie's outfit, and her legs nearly blend into the brownie mix floor.

Third, you just crack me up Katrina. I'm literally sitting here at my computer cracking up. The only remedy would be some brownie mix (but not just any brownie mix).

Ashli said...

You have very good taste in Brownies. They are our favorite as well. Your Christmas card was very cute. I love your hat.

Melanie Palmer said...

You know...if there's a neighbor you don't really like, you can scoop up that mix and put it in a nice decorative bag and no one would be the wiser (aside from a few wet chunks). In today's economy, there's just no room for waste.

Doulabug said...

Oh. My. Goodness.

Emmy Bludorn said...

Josh spilled hot chocolate today and then stepped in it. I yelled at him to take his shoe off so he wouldn't track it on my newly mopped floor. I look over and there he is, licking the hot chocolate off of the bottom of his dirty shoe. I just sighed and then had a flashback of this post and felt like a bit more normal of a parent. Although, I did make him stop licking his shoe fairly quickly - you never know what dog poo could be on the bottom of those things.