Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Day

We woke up this morning to the sound of presents being torn open. Addie woke up first and just started getting to work. I think it's cute that she was so excited. She didn't get too far before we all joined her, and we had a grand time. Santa was good to our family!

I tried making monkey bread and it was a horrible disaster. I don't have a bundt pan, so I used a springform pan with a flute tube attachment. I guess I didn't get it matched up right, because the caramel sauce dripped out the bottom of the pan and all over the bottom of the oven, resulting in tons of smoke and every smoke detector in the house going off. It was a Christmas miracle! I'm getting a bundt pan for next year.

Anders mostly got Legos, and also some Martian Matter. He spent a good amount of time dissecting aliens today.
Aani was a little cranky from being woken up so early, but once she found Elmo on the tree she was cool with it.
Addie: Give this girl a pony and she's a happy camper. She also got princess barbies and she's in love with them.I just really like the look on my face in this picture. Maybe I was thinking about the monkey bread.
We had a late night last night with family, so Nils and I have felt semi-conscious all day. It's been a fun and relaxing day. We all bundled up and went sledding this afternoon and then had another late night with family. I think that's the best part of Christmas.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I like you monkey bottoms, where are they from? Every time I have made monkey bread, in a bunt pan, it spills over. On things like that I put a foil covered cookie sheet on the rack underneath the food. Not under the food but on the next rack down. If you look at my oven I drip things too but when I know it is going to drip, that is what I do.

Santa was good to a lot of families this year. When I went to De Ann’s yesterday, there were a lot of happy children there too! I was watching the news last night with children opening their gifts with such delight and I realized that is missing from my Christmas. I only have teenagers and adult children now and they just do not show Christmas delight like little children do. I miss that!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours!

Debbie H.

Katrina said...

Debbie, my mommy made my monkey pants. She'd probably make some for you if you'd like.

Doulabug said...

These are some fine pictures! I love seeing pictures of kiddos on Christmas morning, it is priceless!

mooresclan said...

Merry Christmas

Lindsey said...

Katrina! I did the EXACT same thing with the EXACT same pampered chef springform/bunt "insert". Yeah right, like that seals. My oven stunk for a decade after that! I'm glad i'm not the only one! And yes, we really really need to get together. I believe it's your turn to come to my house. :-)