Thursday, November 20, 2008

Fo' Rills

Here's a real post. No pictures, because I'm too lazy; just rambling. We went to Primary Children's today, thinking today was EEG day. No. Today was see-a-pediatric-neurologist-so-he-could-tell-us -he-wanted-to-order-an-EEG-and-MRI-day. That's swell. The two tests are going to be done on the same day. Anders has to be sleep deprived because they want him to be naturally asleep during the EEG. I hope they have some magical method for getting kids to sleep there, because I just don't see it happening- sleep deprived kid or not. Then they'll sedate him for the MRI. This happens in a couple of weeks. We're accepting donations for bills incurred.
P.S. That hospital is depressing.

Anders dropped the f-bomb while we were waiting to see the doctor. He was innocently spouting out rhyming words and out it came. It brought back memories of when he was two, and made the sound "f" for the letters "tr". Truck was was very bad word there for awhile. One time in Target he wanted a big truck and was yelling it really loud.

Inspiring thoughts late at night. Stay tuned for more in the coming weeks- we've got 23 posts left before Dec. 31!

5 comments:

Emmy Bludorn said...

Don't you love dealing with medical crap? Let me know if he actually falls asleep naturally - I don't see my kids doing it, either. They get hyper when they are sleep deprived and if they're in a new environment where they know something is about to happen to them - yeah. Don't see it happening.

The f-word thing is classic. I can just see him in the store yelling for his "truck".

Lindsey said...

That hospital is so depressing. When we were there for Caleb's pre surgery class there was a boy in the class with no arms and no legs. He still talks about it to this day. Sad.

Teresa said...

First off, I don't care if you cheat...it excites me to no end when people post anything. Yes, I have a boring life.

Secondly, good luck with getting him to sleep! We got Kailey up 3 hrs early (we flew to Utah this morning) and I just spend an hour and a half in the room with her trying to get her to take a nap. If they have some magical method, can it, sell it, you will make millions.

Thirldy, I hope all goes well with Anders!

courtneyb said...

Cloe sounded like she was dropping the f bomb when she used to say "frog". If they want you to have a sleep deprived child, does that mean they will deal with him all day? I know one of my least facorite things to deal with is a tired child. Good luck.

mooresclan said...

I can't remember if it was Ky or Porter, but one of them was swearing at us in the church parking lot one Sunday just as the most righteous family got in their car right next to us. It wasn't one of those innocent cute mistakes either. It was something that they heard me yell once when I was really mad. I looked over and told them they learned it from their Grandpa. Sorry dad.