Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Must Read

I was required to read this book in the 9th grade. I didn't remember anything about it except someone named Boo Radley and a girl named Scout. I just read it again, and I LOVED it. I think this might be one of my all time favorites. I can see why so many high school teachers have this as required reading, but I remember equating "required" with boring at that age. I loved it so much more as an adult. So, I think everyone in the world should read this fabulous book. I laughed out loud several times, found it touching and I'm sad that it ended.

6 comments:

Jamie said...

I agree! It is one of my all-time faves. Atticus is a true hero in my book.

courtneyb said...

i'm going to start it this weekend. I remember REALLY liking it but I'm assuming from what you said, I'll like it even more now. I guess we'll be going to the library today :)

Becky said...

I didn't like it in high school either, but I just read it again a few months ago, and I LOVED it too!!

Farrah said...

It's a favorite of mine too. I think the movie is great too (plus Gregory Peck is awesome). I was a mean ESL teacher and forced my ESL students to read it. They didn't like it. The language didn't help either. But still one of my favorites of all time!

Doulabug said...

Hooray for reading it again! It's one of those books that stays with you forever.

Holly said...

i don't remember much from reading it when i was younger either. but i remember liking it, as well as the movie. and it was SO shocking for me when i discovered that dave had never read it (and he reads/read a lot)! it's one of my favorite things to tease him about.