Thursday, November 06, 2008

It Ain't Crappy No Mo!

My wonderful mother-in-law spent the last few nights at our house while here in town. Sunday night she announced to me that she wanted to take me shopping for new silverware because our current silverware was, and I quote, "crappy".

Sometimes when my tongue touched the end of the fork prongs I tasted metal. Sometimes when the fork grazed a filling, it felt like I was chewing on foil. You may shudder now. Lots of spoons and forks have been lost over the years. There was once or twice that I wondered at what point we would replace our eating utensils, but you know... not a priority.

The old

and the new
Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday to me! It's so lovely. In fact, it's so lovely that it looks a little out of place with our plastic Tupperware and IKEA plates, bowls, cups, etc. I look forward to the day that we can break out the nice dishes and eat like civilized people. That should be in the year 2015-ish. But we'll probably need new silverware by then.

4 comments:

Doulabug said...

Oh so pretty! Congratulations on having a grand mother-in-law, and on your new silverware. Something new like that makes us feel so much better!

Anonymous said...

do you have an e-mail address i could contact you with? i saw you designed the 'captains claw' crane design.

thanks
amy

amy.freedom@gmail.com

Heidi said...

Congratulations! I love new silverware! I got some of the "real stuff" a few years ago and it's wonderful.

Debbie D. said...

Katrina,

Always be nice to the mother-in-law, she can seriously bless your life and/or make it miserable. So remember your manners and be nice!

I know, i know, you already are. You have a cute basement, wonderful, helpful husband and a sense of humor to die for!

Debbie H.