Saturday, November 01, 2008

Shmallosmween

Costume Drama:

UPS usually comes around 5:30, so at 6:00 on Thursday when the costumes still hadn't arrived, I took Anders to buy one. Yesterday, 30 minutes before school started, the mail came, and with it the costumes. Grrr. I thought they were coming UPS because another item in the same order as the costumes came UPS a few days ago. So whatever. Our kids hauled in the costumes this year. I am a little perplexed by this holiday. I mean, it's fun and all, but I was having major stress. If Anders hadn't had a costume for school....forget about it. He would have been a puddle on the floor. At any rate, we valiantly trudged through the rain to trick-or-treat, and it was fun. We live in a great neighborhood and it makes me happy.

I took the queue from my friend Emmy, who last year posted on her blog that she let her kids eat all their candy in one day. Thus, our kids fell asleep with Skittle juice dripping down their faces last night, and I'm pretty sure they had candy for breakfast this morning. Why drag it out?

Thursday was the most beautiful day of the year. We ate dinner on the porch while Nils and Anders carved their pumpkins. The ladies in the family observed. I'm not a fan of pumpkin guts.
Nils' work had a pumpkin carving contest, and this is his entry. He was very disappointed that he didn't even place. What the heck? This thing is awesome!
This is the costume that came Halloween morning. The one we bought Thursday night was a black Spiderman. The Power Ranger won out because it has muscles.
So, she was devastated because a few minutes before I had tried to do her hair. I thought maybe since she was dressed as a princess, she'd like princess-like hair instead of bed-head. The bed-head won. She chippered up once people started putting candy in her bag. Goodbye, Halloween. And kids, please don't grow this year. I don't want to buy anymore costumes- ever.

7 comments:

courtneyb said...

you crack me up!

It rained out there?

Teresa said...

Too cute! Sabrina has informed me that she is NOT going to wear her same costume next year (two years in enough, what!?!).

Becky said...

I love the expression on Addie's face. It's priceless.

Doulabug said...

How funny! I'll bet it didn't seem funny Friday morning, though! And about Kohl's? I feel the same way about the so-called sales. And I was in there last week and thought the quality of clothes was terrible.

Lindsey said...

Brynley prefers bed head also! Even with princess dresses.

Emmy Bludorn said...

I love that picture of Addie! And kudos on the candy-fest. I gave my kids the weekend and they did their darndest but didn't make it through it all. Oh, well; it's gone today (I haven't actually gotten rid of it yet, but I will). Surprisingly, my kids did very well with the sugar rush. Actually, Ellie had her most behaved weekend in months! Maybe there's something to this sugar thing...

Heidi said...

That pumpkin is awesome--I would have voted for it if I were Nils' boss. :) How dare you try to do your daughter's hair! Did you learn NOTHING from the Brittany Goes Berserk Years?!